Section 10. Dealers to be licensed. No retail dealer or selling agent shall sell or otherwise transfer, or expose for sale or transfer, or have in his possession with intent to sell, or otherwise transfer, any pistol or revolver without being licensed as hereinafter provided.
Section 11. Dealers’ Licenses; by whom granted, and conditions thereof. The duly constituted licensing authorities of any political subdivision of this territory may grant licenses in form prescribed by the treasurer of the territory, effective for not more than one year from date of issue, permitting the licensee to sell at retail within the said city or town or political subdivision, pistols and revolvers, subject to the following conditions, for breach of any of which the license shall be subject to forfeiture:
1. The business shall be carried on only in the building designated in the license.
2. The license or a copy thereof, certified by the issuing authority, shall be displayed on the premises where it can easily be read.
3. No pistol or revolver shall be delivered unless the purchaser either is personally known to the seller or shall present clear evidence of his identity.
4. The seller shall faithfully comply with the requirements of Section 9 hereof and with all other provisions of this Act and of Chapter 128, Revised Laws of Hawaii 1925. A copy of the statement required by Section 9 hereof shall be entered by the seller in a book of record to be kept in his place of business and to be always open to the inspection of the officers and authorized representatives of the territorial government, including the police. Said book shall be preserved for six years.
5. No pistol or revolver, or imitation thereof, or placard advertising the sale or other transfer thereof, shall be displayed in any part of said premises where it can readily be seen from the outside.
No license to sell at retail shall be granted to anyone except as provided in this section.
Section 17. Penalties. Any violation of any provision of this Act shall constitute an offense punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) or imprisonment for not more than one year, or both.